- Getting the Highest Price in the Shortest Time
- Making a Good First Impression
- Know What & Why You are Selling
- Setting the Price
- Plan of Action
- Finding the Right Agent
In order to get the highest price in the shortest time, Elaine Gallagher knows that it takes a perfect combination of;
The most critical factor is pricing the home properly. Your price should be adjusted to reflect the market. The key is to get many people attracted to your property at a fair price, as opposed to no buyers because your price is set to high.
Remember: A small change in price can literally make the difference between a home in escrow, and a home on the market with no activity.
A proven plan of Marketing is at our core! We don’t give away our proven secrets; we let our reputation speak for itself. There is a good reason we are the number 1 sales team year-after-year! A solid base of professional contacts for Networking built with 29 years of local experience in the San Diego real estate market.
Back To Top
If you want buyers to be interested in your home, you need to show it’s very best side. A good first impression can influence a buyer into making an offer; it influences a buyer emotionally and visually. In addition, what the buyer first sees is what they think of when they consider the asking price.
First: let us give you an honest and impartial opinion of the condition of your home. This will save you time and let you focus on only the critical issues.
Don’t show your property until it’s all fixed up. You do not want to give buyers the chance to use the negative first impression they have as means of negotiation.
Another important factor is the condition of your home. Make sure that your home looks ready to be sold. Fix any defects (peeling or faded paint, cracks, stains, etc.) Condition alone can sometimes prompt a fast buying decisions. Not only should you fix any defects, but consider upgrading your home by making major repairs and cosmetic improvements before selling. A nice looking home triggers the emotional response that can lead to a positive financial response.
Ask around for the opinions others have of your home. We see hundreds of homes a year, and can give you solid, impartial advice on what needs to be done. What you need are objective opinions, and it can be sometimes hard to separate your emotional ties, from the reality of what others see in your home.
Typically, there are some general fix ups that need to be done both outside and on the inside. As a seller, you should consider the following:
- Landscaping – Has the front yard been maintained? Are all visible areas of the house in good condition?
- Cleaning or re-surface the driveway – Is your driveway cluttered with toys, tools, trash cans?
- Painting – Does both the exterior and the interior paint look fresh and relatively new?
- Carpeting – Does the carpet have stains, wear patterns, or is it loose and in need or restretching?
If you know exactly what & why you are selling, then it is easier for you to set the right plan of action.
For example: If you need to close a sale quickly, then getting the highest possible price may be less important than the length of time it takes to close escrow.
If your property needs many repairs, then a high price is less of an issue. You need a buyer willing to accept the property in its present condition.
If you are selling and planning to buy-up, then you need to find a buyer willing to let you rent-back in the event it takes more time to find a replacement property.
If your property is in perfect condition, then you have the luxury of focusing on the best price, and the most qualified buyer.
The key is to be realistic and to know what your goals are so that they can be met.
Back To Top
The price is the first thing buyers notice about your property. If you set your price too high, buyers will simply focus on other similar homes for sale at a lower price, or ignore your property altogether.
We want your listing to be taken seriously, and the asking price reflects how serious a seller is about selling a home.
Several factors will contribute our final decision. First, we compare your house to others that are in the market. We generally compare the following:
- Houses in your price range and area sold within the last half-year
- Difference between asking and selling prices of houses
- The current inventory of houses on the market
- Similar features of each house on the market
Buyers follow trends, and as the #1 agents we are well aware of trends the general public would not know. These very trends can help us set the price, and understand the market reaction to the listing.
Always be realistic. Understand that we are the experts, and set the price to reflect realistic current market conditions.
Back To Top
- Analyze what and why you are selling – If you understand your motives, you will be able to better negotiate and to get what it is that you want, whether it be a quick sale, high price, or somewhere in the middle.
- Prepare you home for the buyer – Maximize the strengths of your property and fix up it’s weaknesses. You want the buyer to walk away from your home with a lasting good impression.
- Find a good real estate agent that understands your needs – Make sure that your agent is loyal to you, and can negotiate to help you achieve your goals. In addition, they should be assertive and honest with both you and the buyer.
- Be prepared for negotiation – Understand your buyer’s situation: what are their motives? Can you demand a big deposit from them? Try to lock in the buyer so that the deal goes through.
- Together we can negotiate the best price and the best terms – We know from 20 years experience how to counter offer to get more from every offer.
- Make sure the contract is complete – Be honest with your disclosures; you do not want to lose the deal because you diminished your home’s defects. Insist the buyers get a professional inspection. This will protect both you and the buyer.
A real estate transaction can be the largest financial decision most people will make in their lifetime. The legal and emotional aspects require more than just one persons part-time attention.
Elaine Gallagher has spent 29 years building the #1 Sales Team. We are full-time professionals with a full-time sales team to cover every aspect of your most important decisions.
Remember: the agent does make the difference! We are the Top Producers in the area and have been since 1990. This is not by coincidence, it is because we have a proven plan of action, and the strength of a team behind us.
Back To Top